Sunday 17 August 2014

Outlook 365 Full Reset

I tried to set up Outlook 365 but I entered the wrong credentials. For some reason, which there is no point investigating further at this stage, I managed to crash Outlook 365. I was stuck with the forever loading splash screen of Outlook. There was no way for me to change the values from that loading interface. On top of that I believe the profile data file was corrupted, so there was no way to start Outlook at this stage. 

So, I had to reset Outlook 365 like it was the first time it was being used:


a) Make sure Outlook is not running (terminate all processes)

b) Deleted all files from the directory C:\Users\root\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\

c) Run the following two commands to edit my Registry:
    > reg.exe delete HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Outlook\Profiles\Outlook /f
    > reg.exe add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Outlook\Profiles\Outlook


No comments:

Post a Comment